Publicly Available Database Software
ACM SIGMOD maintains a list of publicly available software as a service for the
database community. To allow easier orientation about the nature of the software,
we have subdivided the lists into
Packages from non-profit organizations
- Non-profit organizations are for example universities or government
research labs or open-source development communities.
Packages from commercial organizations
- Commercial companies (incl. their research departments) which make certain
packages publicly available.
In both cases, the packages are supposed to be offered free of charge at least
to non-profit organizations. Listing a package in either list does not exclude commercial
licenses for commercial usages. License terms are to be found with the suppliers
of the package.
You can announce new packages to the lists by
mail to the
Please specify the following details:
More complete instructions are found
- name of the package
- URL of the home page of the package
- short description (less than 50 words)
- contact name and email
- name of the institution/community that supplies the package
- date of release of the last version (if available)
- URL of the license terms
- legal status of package supplier (one of nonprofit, commercial).
For reference purposes, we keep the list as of
20-Mar-2003 available for some time.
Note that ACM SIGMOD is not responsible for the correctness of the information
SIGMOD associate information director for this list
last update: 27-Mar-2003
Top of Page