||Volume 35 Number 3 September 2006|
» Guidelines for submissions
to the Influential Papers column
[ See also: General Information |
Copyright Information |
Book Reviews ]
Anybody who has published a paper in a refereed database conference or
journal may submit to the Influential Papers column.
I purposefully have left you much freedom. The paper can be an old
one, or a recent one. It can be a SIGMOD paper, or an ACM paper, or a
paper in some other venue, a paper outside of databases, or even a
paper that someone has already written about in a previous
column. Your contribution can be quite technical, or can be more
general and philosophical. It can be serious, whimsical, or humorous.
- Precisely one paper can be identified. Please provide a complete
- The paper should not have been authored by you.
- Your contribution should be one or two paragraphs in length, and at most
- The focus should be on the specifics of how the paper influenced you.
- Include your name, affiliation, and email address.
Submissions should be sent to